Message from the Director General
for the 2019-2020 School Year
The Central Québec School Board (CQSB) is extremely pleased to welcome back close to 4,800 students for the 2019-2020 school year. Our teachers, support, and professional staff are working hard to prepare their classrooms while our administrative teams are tending to every last detail to ensure that the first day sets the pace for what will be an incredible school year!
Highlights of the 2018-2019 School Year:
- We ranked 2nd best school board among the 72 school boards in our province! Our qualification and graduation rate of 90.7% was a mere 0.03% away from the school board at the top of the ranking.
- Our student enrolment is constantly increasing.
- We were granted funding by the Ministry to expand some of our existing schools where space has become a challenge.
- We continued the planning of the construction of 2 new schools to replace aging buildings in the Québec City area.
- Once again, our students have performed very well at the June uniform exams.
The 2019-2020 school year promises to be just as interesting and very stimulating year for all of us. Students are the heartbeat of our school board; they are the sole reason we work so hard at what we do. At the CQSB we believe that each and every single learner should be given every chance to succeed. Our staff is truly dedicated to providing them with a pathway towards success where kindness, acceptance, and respect are embodied in our school board’s values– all this in a truly bilingual environment!
On behalf of our Leadership team and all our employees, thank you for choosing to entrust your children to the Central Quebec School Board.
Have a successful 2019-2020 school year.
The masculine generic refers to both the masculine and feminine genders and is used for conciseness purposes only.
© All rights reserved to the Central Québec School Board