Instructional Services - Mandate
Mandate and Objectives
Instructional Services has the following mandate.
- Accompaniment of school teams in the implementation and delivery of the Québec Education Program as prescribed by the ministère de l'Éducation et de l'Enseignement supérieur (MEES);
- Support teachers and school leaders with the delivery of the curriculum in all schools under the jurisdiction of the Central Québec School Board;
- Planning and delivery of professional development activities for administrators and teachers using current best-practices and trends in educational research;
- Support to in-school administrative teams with school organization;
- Regular revision of the Central Québec School Board Policy on the Evaluation of Student Learning;
- Support to schools in their school-based professional development plans;
- Support of the strategic planning process through the development of the Board's Strategic Plan, the Partnership Agreement and the Annual Report;
- Support school teams in the elaboration of their Management and Educational Success Agreements (MESA);
- Organize and collect data, and assist school teams to interpret data;
- Support schools with the implementation of Professional Learning Communities (PLC);
Instructional Services also assist schools in the following areas.
- Use of appropriate instructional strategies
- Application of a variety of appropriate evaluation techniques
- Selection, development and use of instructional materials
- Integration and use of technology as an instructional tool
The masculine generic refers to both the masculine and feminine genders and is used for conciseness purposes only.
© All rights reserved to the Central Québec School Board