The following CQSB schools provide daycare services:
Quebec City Region
- Dollard-des-Ormeaux School
- Everest Elementary School
- Holland Elementary School
- Portneuf Elementary School
- Ste-Foy Elementary School
- St. Vincent School
- La Tuque High School
- MacLean Memorial School
- Mauricie English Elementary School
- Riverside Regional Elementary School
- Shawinigan High School
Each school's daycare has its own rules of operation according to their specific reality. Parents should contact the school directly to acquire information as to costs, schedules, services, school-based programs, and events. Each daycare has a Daycare Technician who oversees the operation of the daycare services.
The program used is Quebec's Educational Program for Childcare Services created by the Ministère de la famille. The intent of the program is to foster children's overall development in several areas as well as help children harmoniously integrate and adapt to life in society. The educational childcare services’ mission is to:
- ensure the well-being, health, and safety of young children;
- offer a living environment suitable for supporting young children in their global development;
- help prevent the emergence of difficulties related to the overall development of young children and promote their social inclusion.
It is believed that play is the main tool whereby children express themselves, learn and develop. Activities are created with this in mind, ensuring a play-based environment for children.
To ensure the overall development of the child a variety of learning experiences are provided based on the child’s age and needs. The program targets four domains:
- Physical and motor development
- Cognitive development
- Language development
- Social and emotional development
The program considers the child as the primary architect of his/her development. The main role of Educators is to help children socialize and support them as they explore the world around them.
Quebec's Educational Program for Childcare Services (only available in French)