Members for the 2018-2019 school year
A.S. Johnson Memorial School and St. Patrick Elementary School: Louise Trépanier
Dollard-des-Ormeaux School: Isabel Béland
Everest Elementary School: Caroline Cloutier
Holland Elementary School: Vickie Levesque Ghesquiere
La Tuque High School: Christian Falle, Treasurer of the Parent Committee
MacLean Memorial School: Colette Girard
Mauricie English Elementary School: Rachelle Grimard
Portneuf Elementary School: Valérie Flamand
Québec High School: Jean-Luc Trahan, Vice-Chair of the Parent Committee
Riverside Regional Elementary School: Mélissa Gagné, Elissa Marie Gauthier
Riverside Regional High School: Hélène Martin
Ste-Foy Elementary School: Pierre Masson
Shawinigan High School: Christine Rouleau
St. Patrick's High School: Ian O'Gallagher, Chair of the Parent Committee
St. Vincent School: Debbie Cornforth
Valcartier Elementary School: Christina Van Tassel
Special Needs Advisory Committee delegate: Melanie Soucy
- Three Rivers Academy
Pour toutes questions, veuillez contacter: SecGen-Com@cqsb.qc.ca
Role, Mandate and Functions
The Chairperson is the official spokesperson of the Parents' Committee. Among other things, the Chairperson:
- chairs the meetings of the Parents' Committee;
- calls the meetings;
- prepares the agenda;
- makes sure that the Parents' Committee runs smoothly;
- creates an atmosphere which favours dialogue;
- is ex officio member of the subcommittees;
- is responsible for the preparation of the annual report;
- encourages participation of the members;
- between meetings, takes all the necessary measures to make the committee run smoothly;
- is the link between the Parents' Committee and the administration of the School Board;
- coordinates the work of the subcommittees;
- ensures the follow-up of the decisions of the Parents' Committee;
- keeps the official correspondence.
- helps the Chairperson accomplish that which needs to be done;
- replaces the Chairperson in his absence.
- reports on the financial status of the Parents' Committee;
- prepares the budget, in cooperation with the Chairperson;
- prepares annual report.
- acts as the link between the Parents' Committee and the Council of Commissioners;
- communicates the Parents' Committee resolutions, concerns, questions, requests, etc. to the Council of Commissioners;
- reports to the Parents' Committee concerning the above.
The Parent Commissioner has the same rights, powers and obligations as the other commissioners. He is also a member of the Executive Committee of the School Board.
The masculine generic refers to both the masculine and feminine genders and is used for conciseness purposes only.
© All rights reserved to the Central Québec School Board