Members for the 2016-2017 school year
A.S. Johnson Memorial School and St. Patrick Elementary School: Ms. Lisa Vachon
Dollard-des-Ormeaux School: Ms. Isabel Béland
Everest Elementary School: Ms. Caroline Cloutier
Holland Elementary School: Ms. Vickie Levesque Ghesquiere
La Tuque High School: Mr. Christian Falle, treasurer of the Parents Committee
MacLean Memorial School: Ms. Colette Girard
Mauricie English Elementary School: Ms. Deirdre Dinan
Portneuf Elementary School: Mr. Hugo Lamothe
Québec High School: Ms. Ann Gauthier
Riverside Regional School: Ms. Hélène Martin
Shawinigan High School: Ms. Lorianne Strickland
St. Patrick's High School: Mr. Ian O'Gallagher, Vice-Chair of the Parents Committee
St. Vincent School: Ms. Debbie Cornforth
Valcartier Elementary School: Ms. Christina Van Tassel
Special Needs Advisory Committee delegate: Ms. Shirley Picknell, Chair of the Parents' Committee
- Ste-Foy Elementary School
- Three Rivers Academy
Role, Mandate and Functions
The Chairperson is the official spokesperson of the Parents' Committee. Among other things, the Chairperson:
- chairs the meetings of the Parents' Committee;
- calls the meetings;
- prepares the agenda;
- makes sure that the Parents' Committee runs smoothly;
- creates an atmosphere which favours dialogue;
- is ex officio member of the subcommittees;
- is responsible for the preparation of the annual report;
- encourages participation of the members;
- between meetings, takes all the necessary measures to make the committee run smoothly;
- is the link between the Parents' Committee and the administration of the School Board;
- coordinates the work of the subcommittees;
- ensures the follow-up of the decisions of the Parents' Committee;
- keeps the official correspondence.
- helps the Chairperson accomplish that which needs to be done;
- replaces the Chairperson in his absence.
- reports on the financial status of the Parents' Committee;
- prepares the budget, in cooperation with the Chairperson;
- prepares annual report.
- acts as the link between the Parents' Committee and the Council of Commissioners;
- communicates the Parents' Committee resolutions, concerns, questions, requests, etc. to the Council of Commissioners;
- reports to the Parents' Committee concerning the above.
The Parent Commissioner has the same rights, powers and obligations as the other commissioners. He is also a member of the Executive Committee of the School Board.
The masculine generic refers to both the masculine and feminine genders and is used for conciseness purposes only.
© All rights reserved to the Central Québec School Board