We understand that there is not one specific program that suits everyone. Before choosing one, think about what you hope to accomplish in your time abroad:
Are you interested in:
- a rural or an urban setting?
- a large school offering many extra-curricular activities or a "smaller-than-average" size school providing more individual attention?
- a half-year experience or a full academic year abroad?
- experiencing your first time learning French as a second language, or improving your French skills to a more proficient level?
- living your year surrounded by the grandeur of Canadian nature or experiencing the dynamic ambiance of one of our cities?
High School Program in Quebec City:
Experience one of our two High Schools:
Saint Patrick's High School and Québec High School are both located in the heart of the city, close to all of the amenities and touristic places Québec City has to offer.
Elementary School Program in Quebec City
St. Vincent Elementary School
High School Program in La Mauricie:
Live the student experience at one of our three High Schools in the area. Three Rivers Academy, located in Trois-Rivières between Québec city and Montréal. Shawinigan High School, located in the small city of Shawinigan that is just 30 kilometers north of Trois-Rivières and right next to La Mauricie National Park. La Tuque High School, situated in La Tuque, is the perfect place for you if you love to live surrounded by nature and enjoy doing winter sports.
High School Program in Saguenay:
Join Riverside School, set in the Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean region, which is famous for the breathtaking landscapes of the Saguenay fjord and the Lac St-Jean.
50% English/50% French Academic year Program in Saguenay:
Why choose one language when you could do both? Kick off your year by spending the first semester studying in English at Riverside High School. Then in January, study at the Séminaire de Chicoutimi, a French private school where you will complete your year abroad by studying in French..
This exciting cultural experience will enable you to develop your skills in both languages while living with the same host family.
All schools offer the following standard core academic courses for each grade level:
- French-Three Levels (français langue seconde-base, français langue seconde enrichi et français langue d'enseignment)
- Mathematics-Two Options (Cultural, Scientific and Cultural math OR Science Math)
- Social Sciences-History and Geography
- Science-Two Options available (Science and Technology or Applied Science and Technology)
- Ethics and Religious
- Physical Education
- Arts-Dance, Music, Visual Arts or Theatre
Some of the extra-curricular activities schools might offer as a choice:
- Drama Arts
- Visual Arts
- Science Tech
Not convinced yet? See some testimonials from our international students.
The masculine generic refers to both the masculine and feminine genders and is used for conciseness purposes only.
© All rights reserved to the Central Québec School Board