Early Childhood (Pre-Kindergarten)
The Early Childhood Education (Pre-Kindergarten) Program is offered in the following CQSB schools:
- Everest Elementary School (until end of June 2023. Paused for 2023-25)
- Holland Elementary School
- Valcartier Elementary School
Each school has its own rules of operation according to their specific reality. Parents should contact the schools directly to acquire information as to costs, schedules, and school-based services.
Quebec's Educational Program for Childcare Services was developed by the Ministère de la famille. The intent of the program is to foster children's overall development in several areas as well as help children harmoniously integrate and adapt to life in society. The educational childcare services’ mission is to:
- ensure the well-being, health, and safety of young children;
- offer a living environment suitable for supporting young children in their global development;
- help prevent the emergence of difficulties related to the overall development of young children and promote their social inclusion.
It is believed that play is the main method whereby children express themselves, learn and develop. Activities are created with this in mind, ensuring a play-based environment for children.
The program targets four domains:
- Physical and motor development
- Cognitive development
- Language development
- Social and emotional development
The program considers the child as the primary architect of his/her development. The main role of Educators is to help children socialize and support them as they explore the world around them.
CQSB Early Childhood (Pre-Kindergarten) document
QUÉBEC EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM FOR CHILDCARE SERVICES (only available in French)