St. Patrick Elementary and A.S. Johnson High School are located in the town of Thetford Mines. Both schools, housed in one building, are accessible via Route 112 and are approximately one hour away from the cities of Quebec and Sherbrooke.
Our mission is to provide a quality English education for all of our students. We strive to instill in them the importance of respecting themselves, others, their school and the learning process.
We, the educational community of parents, school personnel and students are committed to creating an atmosphere in which the whole student is educated so he or she will leave high school ready to assume a valuable role in society.
Our school offers an English Program from Kindergarten to Secondary 5. As the majority of our students are francophone, we aim to provide many opportunities for our students to speak, read, and write in English in authentic ways.
In 2006-2007, we offered dance for the first time in Cycle 1 at St. Pat’s as part of the new curriculum in the Québec Education Program (QEP). As well, we offer students at our high school the opportunity to choose between dance and drama. This focus on the arts has had a positive impact at our school.
- Special Education Technicians
- Guidance Counselor
- School Nurse, Dental Hygienist and Social Worker affiliated with our local CLSC
- Resource Teachers
- Behaviour Technician
- Homework Assistance Program
- Breakfast Program
- Sports: Basketball, Soccer, Badminton, Football
- Noon Hour Activities: Hip Hop Dance, Drawing, Curling, Scrapbooking, Cooking, etc.
- Drama Club
- Student Council
- Year-end Field Trips
- Poetry Slam
- Public Speaking Competition
- School Play
- Christmas Show
- Spring Dance Showcase
- Olympic Day
- CQSB Cross Country Run
- CQSB Basketball Tournament
- CQSB Arts Festival
- 24-Hour Famine
- School Foundation Craft Fair Fundraiser
Participation of Parents
- Governing Board
- Volunteer at our Breakfast Program
- Playground Committee
- Library Committee
- Participate in the creation of our School Success Plan
- Development of Individual Education Plans (I.E.P.s) for Special Needs Students
- Participation in three annual Parent-Teacher Meetings