Shoes and clothing: Students shall come to school and attend all school functions dressed appropriately and neatly. The administration reserves the right to decide if clothing detracts from the education environment. Students will not wear clothing with inappropriate messages or images relating to drugs, tobacco, alcohol or sex: racial, ethnic or religious prejudice; gang affiliation or representation. Shoes or sandals are to be worn always. Students must have shoes appropriate for physical education with them at school each day. Shorts and skirts must be at least mid-thigh. Halter and tank tops, which expose cleavage or bare midriffs, are not allowed. Shirts, blouses or tops must be of sufficient length to meet the top of the pants, skirts or shorts when the student’s arms are by their sides. See-through or fishnet clothing is only permissible over clothing that meets the previously described criteria.
Hats, Hoods, and Sunglasses: Hoods, hats, and sunglasses are not permitted in the classrooms or cafeteria. Students may wear hoods, hats, or sunglasses when outside if they do not obscure their face in a disrespectful manner when communicating with staff members and students.
Clothing and Accessories That are Not Allowed
- Brightly tinted hair (except on special occasions such as Crazy Hair Day)
- Clothing that is ripped or torn
- Clothing that displays a negative image or comment
- Fashion wigs (except on special occasions such as Crazy Hair Day)
- Flip flops
- Headwear (except on special occasions such as Crazy Hat Day)
- High heels
- Low necklines
- Pants that hang below the waist
- Perfumed scents
- Short shorts and short skirts (they must be longer than the tip of the student’s middle finger when the hand is hung straight down the side of their body)
- Spaghetti straps (shoulders must be covered by at least 5 cm of material.)
- See-through material
- Tight clothing
- Tube tops
- Undergarments that show
Dressing for the Weather
Parents are encouraged to send their children to school with appropriate clothing for the weather and remember, in Quebec, the weather is constantly changing. For example, snow pants, jacket, hat, scarf, mittens, and warm boots during the winter months. And splash pants, wind breaker, and rubber boots in the spring and fall. It is also a good idea to have extra socks and mittens for wets days, and an extra sweater if the day turns chilly or even if it heats up and a coat is too warm.
Students must wear a T-shirt, shorts, and running shoes.
Students must remove their outdoor footwear and change into their indoor shoes when they come into the school. A pair of shoes must be kept at school at all times. Indoor running shoes may be worn in class and gym.